Friday, 27 June 2014

One for me, one for the pot


Sitting in a fruit cage eating raspberries, red currants and strawberries has to be one of the best pleasures in life. The gooseberries need cooking, so the whole crop of those went home. But I've been sitting inside the mesh a lot these last couple of weeks, grazing. I must be squeaking full of vitamin C. 

And while everything else has been going on as usual, drawings and dancing have been my preoccupations after work, after dinner, after seeing friends, after writing, after music practising, after doing the watering, after all the other stuff. 

This next photo shows a drawing that didn't quite express what I was feeling. Sadly, I made the mistake of having another go. Let's just say it involved a lot of white! Thankfully, I took this photo before I got busy again - maybe I knew more than I think I did!!



In the latest version, some of the original shapes are still there, but I seem to have made the canvas look like a baby scan, or the anatomy of a storm cloud. It stands beside the toaster. I like it less and less. Now it looks like the surface of my kitchen floor. If nothing emerges, I'll add a coat of gesso and beach sand, take it outside and get the scrubbing brush out. 

Yes, the kitchen floor needs sweeping and my fingers are stained red, but I'm never short of a fabulous dessert these days and one for me and one for the pot makes for happy times.