Sunday, 11 May 2014

A different zone


It has been a while. I'm sorry. But I hope you'll be happy to hear that life has been revolving around my creative work.

While my music and writing are bubbling away, the evidence is clear to see if you come round to visit. You can't see the surface of the kitchen table for pastels, watercolours, ink, brushes, scrapers, palette knives, smudges and fingerprints. Eating there involves clearing a space, adding various this and that to a tottering pile and a quick spruce up.

It has taken me by surprise. I've been busy with lots of large drawings in the last few weeks, spending more and more time with my own projects. It makes me so very happy. I have stepped into a different zone where there's lots of space and lots of sleeping. It's been good to give in and ponder ideas in a daydream mode. I've been more playful in my day job work.

And one of the threads in all of this musing has been this blog. You might have already noticed a few changes that I hope will give these pages a new lease of life and to bring it up to date with where I'm at and how I want to meet the world.

So, thanks to all of you for still being there. I hope to catch up with other bloggers soon.