Tuesday, 11 March 2014

What we all needed - high tide


What we've all been waiting for. The sun emerged as if it had remembered us at last. For the last week or so it has been BOOTS ON and LET'S GET OUT at every opportunity. 

Yes, my writing notebook has missed me a bit, the project that has creaked along since January has been left to one side, the piano is scattered with open pages and jotted down melodies and the kitchen table offers just enough room to sit and eat if you don't mind rubbing elbows with pastel sketches and a saucer of gritty ink and various twigs I used for sketching.

Things are on the move again.



High tide had me running between blasts of waves crashing in and everyone was whooping and smiling. Exactly what we all needed. And that was just the start of it. We just had the first weekend without gales and rain for months, so you can imagine, we are feeling much happier!! 

I hope the skies are being kind to you where you are. Thanks for all your good wishes. Ax


5 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Yay! Your enthusiasm is contagious Annie.That last image has me yearning for the sea.

Annie said...

Hi Robyn. That's great! Thanks. It's been so good to be out and about again and to look out to sea again instead of running away from it.

Fiona Dempster said...

You seem to be solar-powered Annie! Go well and enjoy the blue.

Sharmon Davidson said...

Congrats on your change of weather, Annie! I can almost feel how relieved you are; hopefully we will get some relief after this next cold spell.

Annie said...

Hi Fiona. That sounds like a great way to move through the world at the moment!! Thanks. It has been a tonic.

Hi Sharmon. Thanks. It has been a long wait. Your turn next, I reckon. I saw it heading that way. It will be so good when it hits in.