Monday, 16 December 2013

Seasiders


I nearly didn't go on the last photo walk. Pier to pier along the beach and promenade. I thought I'd seen it all on the stretch of beach that I use so much as my walking route home from town.

But it's amazing what you notice even in the grim of a dark Sunday near the end of the year. Interesting how your take on things changes just by having a camera in your hand, what you take a closer look at when you see one of your friends setting up a shot of something you overlooked.


Beach cafes closed for the winter, amusement arcades flashing and booming to no-one, kids and a digging dog with the volleyball pitch sand to themselves. Seems like I had a horizontals and verticals theme going on.


Some 190 shots later, it was time to head inside to warm my hands around a cup of tea and catch up with what the others had been snapping.

And then the sun came through those grey skies and I strolled home parallel to a thin band of low tide sand.


6 comments:

Debbie said...

I've been loving your photos in your last few blogs especially the bubble ones.
Its many years since I have been to Brighton, its a great place so much contrast everywhere.

Annie said...

Hi Debbie. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I've been taking lots more photos lately after joining a photography group, so lots of shots are getting snapped. I'm pleased you liked some of them. The bubble one is a big favourite of mine.

Fiona Dempster said...

Hi Annie what a great bunch of shots. I love how you see things differently with a camera at hand...

Annie said...

Hi Fiona. Thank you vey much. It's always like that for me, even if I don't take many shots. The possibility to catch a moment.....

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Fresh eyes to the tune of 190 shots! Isn't amazing how the familiar becomes new again ... great photos!

Annie said...

Hi Mary Ann. Thanks. Yes, been doing a lot of snapping!! Plenty of interesting subjects in this quirky seaside town. My little compact camera serves me well.