Thursday, 14 November 2013

2013 wordrush


So this is how it goes. An hour here and there. Write without editing. Later, make a cup of tea, sit at the desk and type those words. Correct typos and cut out repetitions. Watch the word count grow.

I know, watching someone typing is not a great spectator sport. However, that's what November is bringing again, with me getting another wordrush of a novel out of my head and into text. My eyes are unbelievably tired. But I just passed 31000 words and am pleased with how my ideas are running with me like a silent captive.

Squeezed in between work and LIFE, it's good to continue with other things while the words compost down a bit. Daydreaming on the upstairs of the bus gliding along the seafront has never felt so good.

Seems to be a month for spammers to get busy as well. Maybe they have their own national spamming month? I don't know if anyone else has noticed?

7 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

so exciting Annie, your words finding their home - such a gift you have and yes just deleted another one! spam month, what a frighting idea!! my 87 year old mother still gets wound up everytime match.com lands in her mailbox! xo

Sharmon Davidson said...

It's great that your work is going so well. I can't imagine writing a novel, but I wish you luck with yours, and look forward to reading it some day.

Annie said...

Hi Jeane. Thanks for your encouragement. My words are certainly finding something - just have to keep going at the moment before I take stock!! Let's hope I still like some of them when I'm finished. You're right - spam month is a horrible idea. It's only the14th and I'm sick of it already.Ax

Hi Sharmon. Thanks for your good wishes. Seems like there are plenty of words at them moment. Let's hope I don't arrive at a halt now that I've mentioned it!

ArtPropelled said...

Cheering for you, Annie!
As for the spam.... oh my word! It is pouring in. For about 2 months I've had streams of comments from clothing links.

Annie said...

Hi Robyn. Thank you - thought I heard a distant voice! Yes, let's hope the spammers find more interesting hobbies soon!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Words and more words ... a lovely lively journey! I've watched husband in his writing and the holy word count, very exciting! Keep on keeping on.
I feel left out...no spammers here?!

Annie said...

Hi Mary Ann. Thank you. I'm having a day off today - will be doing other writing instead of the project. So looking forward to it. Good you have no spammers. Hope they stay away.