Monday, 6 May 2013

Black on white in a little square book


It's been a while since I've written here, but you know how it goes. Sometimes life just sweeps you up in its arms. Busy times. My main concern has been how to get enough sleep! Anyway, here's something new I've been up to lately.

Sue from my meditation group has been making an alphabet inspired by Zentangle and when I saw her work, I was absolutely stunned at how gorgeous her little pieces were. No doubt about it - I wanted to have a go. I knew I had a little square sketchbook waiting for such things and home, and so I literally ran to it and picked up a black pen.

This is what happened next. The first piece I tried seemed to dance across the page, surprised me with a mysterious little foot up near the top left hand corner. (Who drew that?!!) So that was it, I was hooked.


And I keep being surprised by the geometries and strange forms that emerge when I'm in some day dreamy kind of state.

Most days I sit for a little while out in the garden or on the beach and let the black pen doodle away in my little book. It seems to give me a breathing space from all the other stuff. Bliss.