Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Thyme and driftwood


Talk about making the most of it. Any chance I've had this last week, I've been trying to head out the door. Only thing is, there haven't been too many chances. Battling through gales and torrential rain wasn't quite what I had in mind for me and my creative projects.

So lately, I've spent far too much time going over to the window to see if it has stopped yet. You know the sort of thing. Unsettled. Stuck indoors. Not the place for my best ideas to emerge from.

However, I've taken to tactics which have helped me through big projects in the past and have chomped away working for an hour at a time, sometimes getting carried away and realising that a whole dark morning has skimmed past me, pages and pages running with ink. 

Funny, that while I've been thinking that not much is happening, my big project has taken on a life of it's own and I seem to have 30 days of poetic threads sitting beside me.

The house seems to be very clean and tidy as well. I'm not sure how that happened except it was me who did it, must have been musing with duster or hoover in hand instead of walking the stormy beach.

In between storm clouds the shadows seem to be particularly inky.