Monday, 31 October 2011

Countdown


The countdown has begun for Nanowrimo. About 10 hours to go before it's November, which means those 30 days and nights of literary abandon loom close.

The idea for this novel is leaning on me and waiting for the fun to start. I'm taking it as a good sign, although a part of me is having 11th hour nerves thinking that cleaning the kitchen floor might be a good idea instead. The only way to get rid of such ideas is to get busy with what's really important.

So, I'm going to try for a more planned approach this year. Me, Annie Inkhaven, a plotter? Well, you might be surprised!! It's a perfect place to try out new ways of working.

Here's the link to my info page where you can track how the word count is coming on as of midnight and read a bit of blurb about the novel itself. I'll be posting little extracts here at Inkhaven throughout the month, so do let me know what you think. 

Anyone else taking part this year?

Wish me luck. Rock 'n roll.