Sunday, 21 November 2010

After the wordrush















Handy that it's the right time of day to enjoy a celebratory glass. I just passed the 50,000 word target on nanowrimo.

Leaving it for today at 50,587 words, I've been on a bit of a roll with this, so I might treat myself to a day off tomorrow before adding a few more chapters. We'll see how it goes. But it's great to know I can slow down a bit now and just enjoy the rest of the ride.

There have been so many times when my words have just run away with me in this project. An hour here and there has built it into something huge. I wasn't sure I could do it this year, given that life has been complicated lately, but here I am looking at my total.

I'm smiling at today's last line - An hour later, I was drinking a large Scotch in the station bar, standing at the tall window to watch the 8.10 slide away towards London. I caught the next train to Newcastle, decided I needed to follow some plans of my own.

I was going to have a beer, but maybe I should change that to a Scotch instead?