Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Garlic






















It always gets me. How you plant individual cloves of garlic and leave them pretty much alone for a few months. The shoots die back and fade to papery yellow, telling you it's time. And from where you planted one small clove, you pull up a whole new bulb. (I know that's how it works, but it still amazes me every time.)

This is the Winter garlic that survived underground through our big freeze. We have six bunches like this. So, I assume it liked what the weather threw at it! The Summer garlic is already about a foot tall, soaking up the heat, but this batch should see us through until it's ready.

No prizes for guessing that the garlic bread is in the oven! I was just playing with my photo editing while I wait. I liked how this shot of garlic stems came out.