Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Bookcrossing





















I had fun hiding some books around town the other day, setting them on new adventures.

City Reads takes place each Spring, with lots of events celebrating a chosen book. This year's choice is Ian Fleming's From Russia With Love. So, I did some bookcrossing at the weekend, leaving books for new people to find by surprise.





















I left one at the station so I'm hoping it might have made it out of town.

Last year, I was pursued a couple of times by people who had spotted me "forgetting" my book. They just didn't want me to go home without the copies of The Book Thief by Markus Zusak that I was trying to leave beind. So I had to be a bit more sneaky in my choice of places to leave them.

If you see a book on a bench in the park, left behind on a table at the coffee bar, or sitting in the train by itself, then it is probably meant for you.

So, go on - it's yours to read. And when you have finished it, pass it on to a new reader, or leave it somewhere unexpected for the whole adventure to start again.