Monday, 9 November 2009

Evolving















Go on! Click.

Found on Crosby beach when I was up there visiting my family at the end of last month, I can't tell you how much I wanted to bring this beach find home with me. No such luck. It was unbelievably heavy and wider in every direction than the span of my arms.

The more I look at it, the more there is to see. Somehow, the elements have helped this piece of ordinary board evolve into something beautiful.

I'm hoping that's about to happen in my Nanowrimo project this week, as it is all starting to feel a bit chaotic. And while the free writer in me is having a wild ball, I know I want some of the threads to start singing together in better harmony.

At 22308 - last line - "The rails grind and scream a call of belly flute guttural, a throat swipe, a breath gash, a red hot spit of air speed bright."