Monday, 26 October 2009

30 days and nights of literary abandon

Sounds great, doesn't it, especially the "abandon" bit?

But that's what I'm hoping for in November, as I just signed up for NaNoWriMo which invites writers to dive into the maelstrom of attempting to write a novel in one month. The free writer in me CANNOT WAIT.







The story idea that's been mumbling and muttering in me these last few weeks has finally found a place it can let rip, I hope. Now my only doubt about hitting the target of 50,000 words in 30 days is - will I, who normally does my writing out and about on a beach, or in between tending my broccoli and picking raspberries on my plot, be able to sit still in front of my computer screen for long enough every day?

It's now or never. A shelf is not a good place for an idea to sit.

Here's my NaNo profile. Anyone else joining in?