Thursday, 10 September 2009

Colour feast

I just love these colours!

Now that everything on the plot is fading fast with the cold nights and mornings, it's been even more of a treat to be able to pick a lovely box of colour like this.

There are still raspberries to be had and the last of the courgettes. They have been pretty good this year, but I must admit, I'm getting a bit tired of Ratatouille!

Anyway, runner beans are one of my all time favourite vegetables, so guess what's cooking tonight? These dwarf pumpkins will make an interesting talking point on the living room window ledge and I might even carve one this year.

A first this year, is Sloe Gin - when's the party? The hedgerows around the plot are just beautiful at the moment. The leaves are starting to turn and they make a gorgeous backdrop for the blackberries, damsons and sloes that hang heavy on the branches. Too good to leave any longer, the sloes are now in a jar in the dark.