- I write every day, with a pen and paper, no matter where I am or what I am up to.
- After many years of nagging from me, my Mum has finally started to write the stories she has told of her long and interesting life. Now she has 2 volumes of work and wonders why she didn't start it sooner.
- I am a library addict. Always have been. It's one of the great pleasures in life.
- I set up this blog last Summer and it has become far more than I ever imagined. It has been a great way to explore my own writing, to find readers and to connect with other creative folks. I have been lucky to find a supportive sense of community here and I wouldn't ever want to be without it.
- I still write real letters with a pen and paper to people nearest and dearest to me. Sometimes, I get a reply that isn't an e mail.
- In my music work with youngsters, I encourage them to talk about the books and writing that interests them. This has given me a whole new list of books to read and writers to try out, although I have to say that I am keener to try out their tips than they are of mine. I have a current interest in picture books. This seems to make eight year olds go very quiet. A couple of them have told me in serious and hushed tones that this is bonkers given that I can obviously read.
- I am starting to write letters to some of the writers I am inspired by. Their work has taken on a whole new importance now that I am attempting to take my own writing further.
Thursday, 19 February 2009
I have been tagged!! I have to list at least 5 things I do to support and spread a love of the written word, then tag 5 people.