Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Hit the gas

The thing that I will always remember about 2008 is that it was the year of my return to writing. Not that we had ever been apart much. See, I have always written, no matter what else has been going on in my life. But writing has been a background activity rather than a priority.

What made it different this year, is the daily commitment I made, both in terms of writing every day, no matter where I have been, and of posting here most days as well. Sounds so serious, but the truth is, I've been having a ball.

So it will come as no surprise to the people who know me and some of the regular readers of these musings and meanderings, to hear that I have decided it's time to hit the gas and see where my writing adventures take me next. Raise my game. 

I guess this might mean I spend less time here at Inkhaven because I'm busy with my other writing projects and pieces for submissions. However, my blogging adventures are definitely going to continue. Sometimes, things just fall into place and you don't really have to do anything. The river flows along anyway. 

With that image in mind, I want to wish everyone many wild and creative times in 2009. 
Happy New Year, love from Annie