Running out of aqua blue Fabriano paper, I decided to try using a fern green that matched the handmade covers of this new pocketbook. Pleased with the result and thinking I'd found a new design, I took it out of the press a week later to find it had pressed completely askew. My "quality control" manager who I employ to maintain high standards, ditched it into the rejects box.
Luckily, I knew just the thing for it. I took it to a Devon beach and wrote two new prose pieces on green and blue pages, penned while sitting on huge dunes in early mornings.
But the trial run and then the reject had given me the idea to try again - this time with an extra bit of quirky added deliberately.
New in my online store today is another handmade pocketbook. This one is Dotty red with the front cover set at a slant and with pages in contrasting aqua blue and dusk grey.
Now there's another trial run on the go. This one using brown wrapping paper and a few coloured Fabriano pages set in occasionally. Cardboard cover from an ad, just for now. It's a bit fragile, but it's been undergoing my usual stringent testing routine - spending a week being put into and taken out of my back pocket, collecting images, bits of collage and writing fragments.